Friday, February 7, 2014

WHAT WE WEAR: CLOSET STAPLES

I live in dresses and cardigans. Especially this dress and cardigan. I love having a few staples in my closet that I can always wear when what I actually want to wear is too wrinkled and I should have left my house ten minutes ago.


This key print dress from Old Navy is everything I need. Good color, small print, and flattering cut. Plus, it's basic enough that I can mix it with other patterns, like florals or stripes, without feeling too overwhelmed. I like to throw on this neutral, long cardigan to pull the outfit together and add an extra visual layer.

This floral scarf from H&M has been in my closet for years. It's lightweight enough for spring/summer, but adds just enough pop in the winter. (Although, I wouldn't recommend it for warmth. The sub zero temps during these pics taught me a thing or two about that.)

Dress/Old Navy, Cardigan&Scarf/H&M, Tights&Shoes/Target, Necklace/Urban Outfitters

What are some of your favorite closet staples? We'd love to hear about them! 
Later this week we'll be throwing some Valentine's Day goodies your way. Come check them out!

XO, Laine









No comments:

Post a Comment