Tuesday, February 4, 2014

WHAT WE WEAR: WINTER LAYERS

As a Georgia native, I had NO idea how to dress for Kentucky winters when I came here for school. I could be seen walking across campus in layers and layers of sweatpants and sweatshirts. I mean I don't think I owned a real coat. Thankfully, five years later, I've learned a thing or two about dressing for warmth without looking like a bum. Tights and socks are a great way to keep feet warm, and sweaters over dresses can style a dress from any season for winter.

This outfit features two of my favorite winter items: a Madewell leather bag and an Old Navy military coat. Ever since I got this bag over the holidays I'm not sure how I ever lived without it. It holds everything I need and the tiny gold monogram is the cutest. I had been searching for a while for the perfect army trench, and I was so happy to find such an affordable and versatile one at Old Navy! For really cold days I wear it under a heavier coat, but it's also light enough to take into spring.

Coat/Old Navy (similar here and here), Sweater/Old Navy, Dress/Anthropologie, Tights/Calypso Boutique, Scarf/Anthropologie, Socks/Target, Boots/Old Navy, Bag/Madewell (found here)

Thanks so much for stopping by! Check back later this week for our first DIY post.
XO, Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment